Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last Day in Winnipeg



So Winnipeg. Great little city. I am leaving it today but I had a blast here. I met some really awesome people. I owe Liam a huge thanks for coming up to me an making fun of my longboard in Manitoba then showing me around for 2 nights.

Last night was another fun night. We met at King's Head which is a nice pub for a few beers. Then headed to what Liam called the nicest street level patio in Winnipeg. To meet up with a couple of his friends. The patio was amazing. We drank the night away there before going back to the Forks for the night to sleep.

Today I am leaving Winnipeg though. I had a great time here. It is a city with this kind of small town feel. Things I noticed here is that its flat, the taxi's are hybrids and all the cyclist ride on the sidewalks. And single speed seems to be the fad instead of fixed.

But I had a great time here thanks to Liam and his friends for showing me a good time. I might not be able to post again for awhile because I am starting to work my way further north to Pleasantdale SK. But I will update every time I get a chance!

Johnny

1 comment:

  1. Johnny Longboard, thanks for the shout outs. Glad you had a good time and an experience less ordinary here in the Peg.

    Hope you made it to Pleasantdale safely.

    Looking forward to reading your next post.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete