Monday, July 6, 2009

Grande Cache and the Sulphur River




The night in Grande Cache was a good one. I ended up going to this bar/club thing that seemed to be busy. When I was in there I went on a search for paddlers. Not much luck. A small mining/oil town with a bunch of great rivers in it and no paddlers to be found! I did end up meeting a cool couple though that bought me a beer so it was pretty rad. Well I guess I did find one paddler. He was the owner of the bar I was in but was to busy with business stuff to paddle the next day.

So I did the next best thing. I headed to the local rafting company called Wild Blue Yonder in the morning in search of paddlers. And even they told me there are not many local paddlers in the town of Grande Cache Alberta. So I asked if I could go down with the trip leaving shortly and Yo and Gina (the awesome owners) said no problem lets go! So we did the Sulphur and the Smokey River that day. They are just class II but the senory was fun. Yo and Gina and the other 2 guides made a really fun trip combined with some rad excited clients. During a flat water sections they all had water guns and of course one guy yells out "get the kayaker, hes differant!" So I pulled him into the water.

Yo and Gina let me stay the night at there place and use there shower! Showers are awesome when you don't have one. They are really rad people with a great son and a beautiful young daughtor. They have a great business here in Grande Cache so if your ever in the area check out Wild Blue Yonder for a great rafting trip!

Johnny

Oh yeah, check out the Wild Blue Yonder website @ http://wildblueyonder.ca



2 comments:

  1. work on your grammer mr.john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John, thanks for the kind words. Hey you left your red fleece jacket here... send me an address and I can courier it you!

    happy travels!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete