Friday, July 3, 2009

Calgary Stampede Parade

So I have seen more cowboy hats and heard more country music in the last two days then I have seen and heard in the rest of my life. It is an awesome atmosphere though how everyone in the city gets so excited for the Stampede.

Last night was a great night. I went to a poetry reading at Pages with Kelsey and Myka. It was a great time with some really funny and interesting poems. I liked one about how youth finds comfort in front of computer screens and so on. It was great because of how true it is. After the reading Myka, myself and other people from the reading went to an Irish pub for some beers. It was a fun time. Really cool people and we got really big beers.

Thismorning brought more free Stampede pancakes with Myka! Then we went to the opening parade. There was lots of horses and cowboys and marching bands. It was really fun. We walked in late but still go awesome seats right in the front on the curb to watch.

I am on my want to Banff now though. I would like to thank Kelsey and Lance and everyone else here at "The Palace" (that's what they call thier house) for having me here. I had a great time and I am glad I got to meet them. Also want to thank them for letting me use the awesome coaster brake cruiser bike they have. It is an awesome bike!

Johnny




1 comment:

  1. 4 points John:

    1-I'm commenting on your blog posts.
    2-Mail me some free stampede pancakes, I want some
    3-I dig the Henny Youngman drinking sign
    4-You shouldn't post pictures of people you've given roofies to and have their eyes half closed.

    ReplyDelete