Thursday, July 2, 2009

Big Rock Brewery Tour!!!


Well a huge part of my trip happened the other day. I got to tour the brewery that makes the best beer in the world! Big Rock Beer! The brewery is so nice. I had a pint in the restaurant then headed up to the bar to start to tour. Big Al the tour guide took us from where they receive and store all the raw ingredients all the way to shipping and told us what is going on in each silo well telling stories on the way. He made fun of me for being from Ontario because I can only count by 24. I told him that is because we are smarter and can drink more and he quickly stopped making fun of me. Out west everyone buys beers in 12's. Which is a pain, you pretty much have to go to the beer store everyday. But anyways the tour was great. After seeing how it's all made and bottled and shipped we got to go for my favorite part! Tastings! We got to try all 11 beers. They it was great. I met a couple guys from Toronto there too. And to top it off, after the tour we got a free 6 pack!

After the tour I headed to Kelsey's and Lance's place where I am couch surfing in Calgary. They have a rad house. Lance started a bicycle co-op in Calgary so we hung out there yesterday. Which was Canada Day. It was a great chill Canada Day. After the co-op closed we grabbed some veggie burgers and Big Rocks and chilled and jammed the night away.

I also had to do one more repair to the Jeep well in Calgary. Nothing major thought. Just the hydraulics for the rear hatch had failed so I installed new ones. It cost $60 for parts and 5 minutes and 3 beer. Lance helped and spilled one...otherwise it would have only taken 2.

Johnny








1 comment:

  1. Big Rock tents and umbrellas are all over Toronto and everytime Adam or I see them we think of you!

    ReplyDelete