Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Long Road Home

Prairie Road TheLongRoadHome


The adventure home has been a long one. It started at 6 am Pacific time in Vancouver. When I got just out side of Vancouver I picked up a couple hitch hikers and gave them a ride into Banff. After Banff I gave another hiker a ride into Calgary. Then in Calgary I picked up a couple German hitch hikers and they are still with me!

From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


I drove Vancouver to Medicine Hat for 14 hours that day! It was insane. Something like 1200km. I was ready for a switch so Martin from Germany took over. I figured if he could drive 240km/h on the Autobon he would be okay at 120km/h on a straight flat boring ass prairie road (the prairies are so boring). We finely arrived in Winnipeg after 26 hours of straight driving. From there we went to find the Sturgeon Falls Wave but couldn't. We did find an old guy and had a beer with him on his deck though. Later that day we made it back to Ontario where we camped the night near a lake.

From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


The next day we drove into Thunder Bay where we stopped at Mary Ellen and Al's place. They offered us beer, a great dinner and beds. We were all so thankful for it. The food was amazing. I can't thank Mary Ellen and Al enough for their hospitality. This is the second time they have put me up now! Thanks!!!

From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


After some sight seeing in Northern Ontario like Kakabeka Falls, Winnie the Pooh and so on we finely made it into Sudbury where we sent the night with my sister.

From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


Today's mission is short and easy. 325km to the Gull River for a paddle!!!! I can't wait!

Johnny

German FriendsTheLongRoadHome

Creepy Hitch Hiker TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome


From TheLongRoadHome

No comments:

Post a Comment