Saturday, May 30, 2009

Marathon to Thunder Bay (Travis's mom and dads)

Well that drive might have been one of the most beautiful drives I have ever done. The brisk morning air warmed with the spring sun as I drove from my little camping spot just out side of Marathon. The sun made for some of the nicest land scapes I have ever seen. Lake Superior in the back ground and large pines clung to the sides of steep cliffs in the foreground. I have seen alot of wild life so far. 3 moose, 4 deer and Winnie the Pooh in Marathon. I stopped at Aguasabon Falls on the way. A beautiful 50 ft drop. Runnable if the pool at the bottom is deep enough. I didn't try it though. I really need to teach Rain how to set up safety. I contuned into Sleeping Giant Provincail Park where I met Al (Travis's dad). He sent me out on a hike to see the Sea Lion. It is a rock birdge in Lake Superior. After I made a 10km drive on a dusty red clay road into Thunder Look out. It offers a stundding view over Superior towards Thunder Bay. Everything is so big it makes you feel really small. After I drove into Murrillo to his parents house. We made pizza for supper and had beers. It was good. Then Al and I took another hike (Rains 3rd of the day...shes sleeping beside me right now) and saw Kakabeka Falls. The locals call it Niagra of the North. It was beautiful. It really through me off driving home. I was thinking it was 8:30 or so according to the how bright it was. But it was 10:15 and still bright and sunny! I couldn't believe it.

I have also just had my first misadventure. I lost all my photos due to formatting errors. So I have no photos of this part of the trip which is too bad because it was so beautiful. But I have it figured out now. So it wont happen again!

Johnny Misadventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment